Friday, June 27, 2008

When I Get Where I'm Going

Yesterday's work day: stamps, databasing, trip to post office, databasing, stamps, games on the Internet.

Got home and had some delicious spaghetti and watched an episode of VM then headed off to se Brad Paisley in concert. We only missed the first act and a half which I was perfectly fine with 'cause we didn't know them. Jewel performed right before Paisley and she was pretty good but she did this weird pitch change thing when she was holding out her notes. I kind of wanted to punch her in the throat. She even managed to yodel, that's right, the Alaskan actually yodeled, scared the hell out of me, but it was still interesting.

Paisley's crew took a half hour to set up the stage so he was out by 10pm, but it rocked really hard. He sang just about 12 song I think before the encore and man was it fantastic. I love all his paisley guitars they're really pretty, lol; there was a blue one, a yellow/brown one, and I think another brownish one. Paisley can really play, he's the best country guitarist I've heard and he can just play and play and play. Last year at the state fair I really loved all the videos he had as background for his songs and this year they were even better. A little before the encore they showed a cartoon that Paisley drew and played pure instrumental for background music. He played two songs for the encore but we'd left right before so we only heard the bulk of the first song. My favorite Paisley song is "Whisky Lullaby" which he duets with Allison Krauss and he had a video of her actually lifesize like she was there singing so it was pretty incredible. He also played "Mr. Policeman" which is hilarious and also "When I Get Where I'm Going" which I almost cried during, that's such a good song.

I got back home at 11:30pm-ish and was exhausted so I just konked out and that's why yesterday is on today. I'll still post something a little later.

Paisley <33
I dislike mud.
We're getting a townhouse for Yellowstone, what?

kthxbye.

No comments: