Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm like the rain in a downpour

7:55am, chewy bar, work. Donut, database entry all fucking day. I went to a local radio station with my mom to listen to her record some commercials and her sales rep ended up giving us two tickets to see Brad Paisley this Thursday. I'm going with a friend because my brother has his championship baseball game then. I realized that I really don't have friends that like country, I'm happy I've got at least one.

Went to a Fever game tonight (WNBA) and it was pretty good. Apparently our team is a 4th period team, we only won I think by maybe 10 points but at half time we were losing by at least 20. There was an Australian girl on our team (she was the shortest too, lol) and it got me thinking. Do Australians really play basketball, I mean I never really associate basketball with any other country except the U.S. But anyways, she kind of sucked, this girl KT got like three 3-pointers in a row, it was crazy. Ate some free food in the suite, another sales rep from a different radio station got us these tickets.

I was just on AfterEllen and read an article and watched a video about Entertainment Weekly naming all it's new classics so I got myself a list of my classic tv shows, they're not in order 'cause I can't be biased on my loves.

Firefly Simply my most favorite scifi show of all time. The characters were all lovable, the action was real, the jumpy space "camera shots" and the fact that you don't hear anything in space. Seriously, sound doesn't travel in space, can't hear when your ship takes off, so shove your fancy sound effects into a black hole. I love you Kaywinnit Lee Frye. (Definitely have this box set)

Bones I love this show too much, it's a serious addiction. I was happy to see David Boreanaz on tv again because I loved him as Angel. The characters contrast so well, the dialogue is fantastic and the science, oh the science is amazing. Booth & Bones are the best part of the show, no doubt for me. Emily's eyes are amazing. (I've got seasons 1&2 right now, can't wait for season 3)

Charmed Now I'm a fan of Paige so I don't want to bash seasons 4 and beyond, but seasons 1-3 were definitely the best. The girls were strong, kick butt and look up names later. And HMC, you are the best (Piper was my favorite can you tell?). Their powers were active and there wasn't much Leo or Cole then, good stuff. Though Dan kind of got on my nerves. (Only have season 1 at the moment)

Stargate SG-1 I don't think I could ever get tired of this show. It was one of the first scifi shows I got addicted to, it was simply out of this world, both literally and figuratively. The worlds were amazing, the Gou'uld not so much, but Jack was hilarious. I <3 Samantha Carter, and Teal'c of couse.

The X Files Oh Scully & Mulder, my heroes when I was growing up. The show gave just enough of the scary stuff to keep you alert and ready to yell out predictions in the middle of a scene. I watched this show with my parents when I was younger and Scully was always my favorite, I wanted to be her when I grew up, and at that point I wanted to marry Mulder, now I'd rather have Scully. I <3 Gillian Anderson.

Veronica Mars Season one had a plot that could not be beaten. Lilly's murder and Veronica's blotchy memory of Shelley Pomroy's party, such a great backbone for the first season. K-Bell is just so pint-sized and adorable, as Veronica she's just got spunk and attitude flying out every which way, Veronica Mars was an amazing character. Too bad seasons 2&3 weren't as strong. I <3 style="font-weight: bold;">

Dead Like Me This show was incredible. The reaper thing hooked me the very first episode and once my lady Daisy Adair was brought in I was completely hooked. Laura Harris why do you have to be so beautiful? George & Rube were so sweet together; Mason made me want to hug and kick him at the same time; Roxy had loads of moxie and attitude; and Betty, even though she disappeared pretty quick, was spunky. Dark yet still chock full of humor, fantastic show. Daisy will always be my favorite though. (I've got both seasons)

No work tomorrow, that means bike ride.
It's supposed to rain though.
My stomach hurts.
And so does my neck.

kthxbye.

No comments: