Friday, May 23, 2008

The taste of her cherry chapstick

My newest unhealthy obsession has decided it was her prerogative to fill my whole day with her sultry voice and gorgeous face. This Santa Barbera native is just sex on legs, and that voice, goodness. I told you about her last night in my fit of tears, that's right kids ...

KATY PERRY is the new love of my life, okay not seriously but I've become heavily addicted in the time span of less than 12 hours. I went to bed with her in my head and woke up with her still, good way to start off the day ... I mean afternoon.

I went to bed at 2am last night because I was a total wreck and the only way I could fix myself up was to stalk Katy's blog/vlog. My bestest buddy got me hooked on her latest single, I Kissed a Girl, it's so damn catchy I listened to it at least 50 times today. She's got a really unique voice, it's kind of jazzy, but it's still really pop-friendly. Katy herself is just a bundle of fabulous, she's got this 50s style thing going on and I've always had a weakness for anybody well-dressed so Katy is on the top o fmy list. She looks a bit, okay more than a bit, like Zooey Deschanel who will forever hold a place in my heart, so +infinity points for Katy!

I've watched every video imaginable of her on YouTube and been all over her site, she even turned me back to Perez which I'm sorry to say is kind of a vice for me, it's so raunchy I love it.

There's always this summer crisis for me on whether or not I should re-invent myself for the next school year. I kind of did the first year of college, I was a little more indie which was good but my style didn't really affect much of anything. Girls that make skinny jeans look fabulous have always gotten that drop-jaw effect from me so I'm trying to work out a way to look fab myself in a pair of those babies. My hips aren't really built for skinny jeans as my mum says but I'm a little less hippy than she is so there's no way to know for certain. I'm trying to lose weight, trying to gain more muscle, it's not seemed to show anything lately but I'm still trying to work on fixing up my diet. I'm thinking that if I do lose enough weight then there will be a definite style change for the better next year.

BTW I woke up quarter to 1pm today. It was great, I belted out some Katy (perfected those high notes baby) and ate a mini pizza, tasty tasty. Oh, yesterday at lunch I was supposed to go and get my driver's permit (again) but my mum had a meeting. So I was gonna go today but my dad was out of town. BMV, like I've said before, is not so friendly on the weekend so Monday it is. My mum did, however, pick me up a new book because apparently mine was old, yee-haw.

I've noticed that recently pop music has kind of scooted in through the back door of my musical listening and I think it's about time. Pop has really been kind of shitty as of late so I'm happy that there's been a pick up in quality.

I found this really hip 80s dress in my closet (it's my mum's) so I tried it on and seriously I looked fierce (tranny fierce maybe not). Maybe once I lose a bit of weight I'll amp up my 80s glam, it could happen, don't hate. I surely have the big hair for it kids.

So I learned last night that my lady is gonna be at WARPED TOUR!!!! Super excited yes I am, two guaranteed stops at tents, #1 is gonna be Katy, #2 is gonna be my buddy Andrew from Ludo. I saw Love Me Dead on Fuse today and I was happy. Shamelees plug Fuse.tv check it out!! List of must-sees at Warped:
-Katy Perry
-Ludo
-Cobra Starship
-Charlotte Sometimes
-Anberlin
-Angels and Airwaves

That's all I remember right now, but yea, I need to do some music research. I was on the Warped website today and the forums say they're looking for volunteers at local venues so I was like heck yes!! Then I realized that it might take away from my music viewing pleasure, but Warped is eco-friendly this year and they've got a solar stage and they're recycling and it's just fantastic. Problem is I don't have transportation so... dude I don't even have transportation to the concert in general. I haven't bought my ticket yet, I need to find a posse to tag on to. I've got a friend up north that wants to go and she might need a ride down and this is just rawr!!

If I get my permit on Monday then I have to wait 60 days before I can take my driver's test which is just before Warped so I could drive but it's on like a Thursday or something so no car there. Disaster waiting to happen.

Katy Perry <333
Ice cream sandwiches <33
Eddie Izzard <3
Rain x[ boo suck

kthxbye.

No comments: