Monday, May 12, 2008

Shoot the moon and miss completely

I found God in a catalytic converter in Topeka on a Monday night ... I've had that line stuck in my head since Saturday, yargh! Good song though, I still love Andrew <33

Yesterday was Mother's Day, love you mom! (but that would be weird if she read this so...) I went to a decorator's showcase house or whatever it's called. Basically, incredibly rich people give up their houses for a couple months and different designers come in a redo their own room in the house then people go through and vote on their favorite ones. It's interesting to walk through and the house was gorgeous, but I wasn't a fan of a lot of the rooms, the decor was fun to look at though. I've always been a fan of a beautifully decorated room so it was a plus for the day, it was rainy so nothing else really happened.

Wait, I ran two miles last night. Ran, not so much, ellipticals are not good for running, but whatever, and I did another two just before lunch today. Productivity was at a minimal because it was kind of chilly outside. I caught up on Gossip Girl even though I missed tonight's episode.

Okay, OMG, Bones was fantastic. Eric Millegan who plays Zack was in a theater version of Harold and Maud when he was a little younger so I knew he could sing, but man can he sing, he's just fantastic. And Emily Deschanel (Temperance Brennan aka Bones) belted out some Cyndi Lauper, she's good too but not as good as her sister. Then, then of all things that I wasn't expecting, Seeley takes a bullet for Brennan and I just bawled my eyes out. I was crying until House came on then I gathered my composure and watched diligently.

What a fantastic episode, seriously. And Cuddy, well dear lord I knew Lisa Edelstein was svelt but man. And I got caught up in my emotions during the bus crash scene with House and Amber. I kind of liked her as Cutthroat Bitch, but she's grown on me as Wilson's girlfriend and just to see anybody in that kind of situation well it just had me on the edge of my seat with my heart in my throat. My pulse was actually heightened thanks to that scene and it would go back down until I started listening to some Norah Jones. Calms the nerves, soothes the soul, such a pretty voice.

And speaking of, I'm not trying to be self-obsessed or anything but I think that my singing is getting better. I listen to Sara Bareilles in the shower because I just love singing to her so much and since there are pretty decent acoustics in the room I can hear myself singing, I sound pretty damn good, or at least better than I remember. Wow, that all sounded really self-absorbed, I'm so awesome, but I've come to love my voice and I don't care who knows it. Suck it bitches.

I love Remy Hadley.
I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.
Still need to do my laundry.
I like staring at my ceiling for unaccountable hours of time.
The Ellen DeGeneres Show is simply fantastic.
KT Tunstall in 8 days!!!

kthxbye.

No comments: