Saturday, May 17, 2008

La la la

I woke up early to study my driver's test book a little more before I had to go and take the test to get my permit (again) this morning. So I smack my alarm, hobble downstairs (my hair was lookin' fab-u-lous btw) and my mom looks really confused to see me awake. I get half way down the stairs and ask if we're still going to the BMV and she decides that it'd be too busy so we're going later this week. Then I trudge up the stairs and collapse in my bed and sleep with a pillow over my head for 3 more hours (that's 'til noon 30 kids).

My dad decided today that he wants me to plan the trip to Yellowstone, so I'm kinda stressed. I don't really know exactly what I want to do while I'm there. He says he's got a lot of stuff for me to look at but I've got a month or so to get this thing done. Two days to get up, spend 5 or 6 days there then two days back, probably leave right after the 4th of July. I'll have to find a campground, look for some good hiking trails, some lakeside beaches, idk. Gas is so expensive in the west too and we'll be driving, I think we'll get a rental car, but that's up to my dad.

I spent my whole day watching re-runs of season 3 of So You Think You Can Dance. I love this show!! I got addicted last summer. My favorite dancers were Hok, Jaimie and Lacey. And I forgot how tall Cat Deely was, she's like 6'4" with heels, it's crazy. I wish I had dancing skills, I've always really liked contemporary dance, it's beautiful. And hip-hop is just amazing, I think I'd just die if a met a b boy or a b girl, they're just fantastic.

Preakness was tonight, Big Brown won, he actually might hook the Triple Crown which is pretty awesome. But the race wasn't that exciting. My dad kept reminding me that I owe him $4 from the Derby, boo suck. While we were chillin' waiting for the race my brother brought out the giant box of Legos he got from a yard sale today and we played with all the Harry Potter characters. They were from the first movie so they had a Cerberus (three-headed dog) and I made him eat Harry and Ron while Hermoine was blinged out on his back with a gold flying key and her pimp silver wand. I'm so awesome.

Oh, I don't even know how I forgot to mention this yesterday because it made me really happy. Ellen DeGeneres is getting married!! The state of California overturned the ban on gay marriage so soon it may be the only other state besides Massachusetts that allows gay marriage. I've always been a supporter of the LGBT community so it's great to know California (the home of all things LGBT) is finally gaining some more leverage. And for people who didn't know LGBT stands for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual, easy enough to remember, people usually forget the T though.

The pains that rattle my muscles, good gracious, that's what I get for not stretching yesterday. The tops of my thighs yell at me every time I stand up which just makes me feel more out of shape, so much fun. I've been a bum all day hoping it'll go away for tomorrow.

I'm not going into work on Monday 'cause my mum wants to set up a work station or something for me so I'm not completely lost when I go in. What's really cool is that I'm allowed to dress pretty casual (aka jeans) and that means I need to go and get another pair 'cause I'm low on not-holey pairs.

I love SNL.
My feet are really cold.
I hate great chicken wings for dinner.
I hope it's nice out tomorrow.
Technically it's 3 days 'til KT Tunstall!!

kthxbye.

... ps love ya Kace!

No comments: