Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hold on to what you've been given lately

David Cook won American Idol but I could care less.

I now have concrete affirmation in my love for KT Tunstall. Tonight was seriously the best night in the entire world, ever in the universe and is quite definitely the best concert I have been to. Kate is too adorable, I love her to bits....

Okay so the concert started at 7:30pm but the opening act was this cute little Irishman Patty Kacey and Fiona M'lady he called her, they were great. He was on guitar and she was on keyboard, he was sweet and sounded a bit like James Blunt and she's just got the loveliest voice, melodic and gentle, quite nice, his was a bit gruff but still good. They did 5 songs which lasted about a half hour with his little quips between. They re-organized the stage and got rid of a couple amps, pushed the set back a bit and then Kate came out and I was so. damn. excited.

She's got on her fantastic boots, I love those things to pieces they are just incredible, I've been lusting after them for quite some time. Kate is just so tiny, she's like 5'5" I think and compared to all the guys in her band she's a little munchkin. Her guitars are just as big as she is, I loved it. She played 17 songs, two were in the encore. I was afraid she'd play something from her Acoustic Extravaganza cd which I've only just recently come to listen to and am not an expert on it but she played the two songs that I loved the most so I knew them pretty well. She didn't however play my favorite song from her first cd, 'False Alarm', but everything that she did sing was absolutely fantastic.

When she sang 'Black Horse & The Cherry Tree' the single from Eye to the Telescope everyone got up and went to the front of the room and started dancing and shite. I was sitting fourth row so I had a great view for the the first half of the concert but then those retards went and ruined it so I could only see Kate well when I stood up but there were short people behind me (like usual) so me and my mum had to sit down when we wanted to stand. I actually really wanted to go stand up in the front but I didn't feel like having to battle with people to get a good space. Everybody was clapping and singing along and it was just awesome.

I think my favorite songs of the night were 'Beauty of Uncertainty,' 'Funnyman,' and 'Stoppin' the Love.' The last one was the last song she sang at the concert, second of two encore songs and it was great. She's got a special guitar that she uses for each type of song and for 'Black Horse' and 'Stoppin' she's got this old acoustic with stickers on it that's kind of worn up, she said "This is the part where my guitar is scared for it's life 'cause I beat the shit out of it." She's just so adorable when she curses, in one of her songs 'Ashes' from Acoustic Extravaganza she says fuck a couple times and I squeed on the inside 'cause she's so adorable.

My mum said something about how tiny she was and I was like "She's so adorable!!" Then my mum asked if she was a lesbian, which threw me off but we'd just previously been talking about how many lesbians were there. Seriously, they were everywhere, coupled up and linked at the arms and leaning against each other. It was cute but I've never seen so many vagitarians in my life, goodness. Btw, Kate isn't gay she's got a fiance (unfortunately), she got engaged the beginning of the year.

When she first ended I screamed my heart out because I was so damn excited and I loved her so much. I knew she was going to come out for an encore but it was like 3 or 4 minutes before she did and I was clapping and screaming intermittently and by the time she came back out I was hoarse and my hands were throbbing. I always look forward to a hoarse voice after concerts, tells me just how much I loved it, I kind wanted to lose my voice though but my mum told me to stop yelling so much 'cause I was hurting her ears and the woman next to me (lesbian) gave me a couple dirty looks 'cause I was out-screaming her. That's right, I rock. I just need to learn how to wolf-whistle then I can really get on people's nerves.

Oh I got this fantastic tour tee, it's green and has a wicked cute graphic of Kate on the front. If you have noticed I like calling her Kate, that's her real name, the KT is just a play off her last name, well the 'T' part is.

I got home and ate an ice cream sandwich and my voice sounds a little better. I was missing notes when I was singing in the car though. Those high notes were disagreeing with my voice box. During one of her songs, I can't remember which one, it's all a beautiful blur, one of her notes just kind of disappeared so she said that it came out in some bar in Tennessee.

Kate's Random Fact: Did you know that animals that lay eggs don't have bellybuttons?

Now you do, I love her to pieces. She had the cutest outfit on two, skinny jeans tucked into her boots, dirty silver studded belt and a black lace shirt with a black bra underneath. I was really looking forward to like meeting her for a signing or whatever but she didn't do one. And I was quite sad to find out that her sparkly silver electric guitar wasn't there, actually she didn't have any electric guitars, she had acoustics and that was it, but there was a cello there too, that was cool.

I have work tomorrow.
I love Kate!!!!! <33
Need me some awesome boots.
Going to "The Region" on June 6th -------- I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
KT Tunstall for the rest of the week, guaranteed.
Monday is Memorial Day.

kthxbye.

No comments: