Sunday, May 11, 2008

Love Me Dead

Holy frak kids!

I went to my sister's lacrosse game and watched her lose very very badly. It was sectionals, so they did pretty good for the season in general and the other team was pretty good but my sister was still really upset. So while she was sulking my mum and I went to Pole Day at the race track, race cars!

We were up in one of the suites because my mum got the tickets free from one of the radio station representatives that she works. Up high, closer to the sun, high above the track, it was pretty damn boring. Sunburn and minor headache resulted, but, my friends, FREE CONCERT FTW!!!

We went down to check out what kind of stuff they had at the center of the track and what do I see? Heck yes, listing for a free concert by Ludo followed by Yellowcard, what what?

So I'd just found Ludo last week while I was watching Fuse TV and seriously they are fantastic. Their lyrics and Andrew's (the lead vocals) voice makes me think a bit of The Aquabats and they are so incredibly energetic in concert. Andrew makes really funny faces and their keyboardist,Tim, is just jumping around stage the whole entire time. I met with Andrew afterwards and he's just the sweetest guy, I got my picture taken with him and told him I'd definitely stop by his tent when they come back for Warped Tour at the end of the summer. Can't wait!

Yellowcard did an acoustic set which was really great. Sean, the violinist, is excellent and Ryan (vocals) sounds just the same as he does on the cd, maybe even a little better. They kept getting distracted by the cars as they drove by because it's so damn loud but it was a great set.

There was a completely plastered blonde in front of me and my mum during Yellowcard, it was so damn hilarious. She kept screaming and jumping around, then there was also the randomly smacking her brother's ass and making out with her boyfriend. Oh, and she opened the flood gates after the second song so she left two more times after that to pee and made quite a scene pushing through people. There was also a very annoying guy behind me who kept singing obnoxiously loud, and of course he had a horrible voice.

Came back home and listened to Ludo online for a bit and then watched Cloverfield with my family and had dinner. All in all, incredible day.

My sunburn hurts.
I wish I had a strawberry milkshake.
Tomorrow is Mother's Day.
It was a little windy out today.
Andrew (Ludo) is kind of short.
It's dark out.

kthxbye.

No comments: