Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It Happens

Last night I went outside at midnight and watched the sky for the whole duration of The Con by Tegan and Sara (approx 37 minutes) and saw 4 shooting stars. The first one was out of the corner of my eye but the second one was right above me and my breath hitched up and I found I was smiling real wide. The other two weren't right in front of me but they were still in my line of sight. It was pretty light around my house and I really wished I could've driven to the middle of nowhere 'cause today my mom said that in the country I'd have been able to see at least a comet a minute. I was wrapped in a blanket with my headphones blasting music in my ears. Unfortunately I wasn't wearing socks so I couldn't exactly feel my toes when I got inside but it was worth it.

Got up this morning around 10:45am, ate a quick breakfast and then went for my 4 miles bike ride. Goodness, I always forget how tiring it is. I got back and I could walk pretty well and I didn't almost collapse in the shower like I've done before but I could barely walk up the stairs. Even now 12 hours later it hurt to walk up the stairs so tomorrow I'm just gonna do some easy exercises tomorrow. Velveeta mac n' cheese for lunch and a couple episodes of House in the afternoon.

Tonight was the SUGARLAND CONCERT at the State Fair!!!!!

After a giant tenderloin sandwich and some greasy cheese fries my mom and I headed up into the stands for the concert. Joe Nichols was there getting the crowd all riled up and I only knew part of one of his songs "Tequila" or something. It was pretty funny listenin' to all the women around me singing about tequila making their clothes fall off. Sugarland took about 40 minutes to set up and it was definitely worth the wait. By the time the duo on the stage it was dark out and they just had lights out the yin yang. I had an awful hard time taking pictures and the ones I did take are pretty dark because my flash set off the stage lights, I don't know it's weird.

But anyways, I love Jennifer Nettles. Proclamation of love straight out. She's got the energy of a punk band on stage and some soulful country pipes. And of course she's pretty as hell. I really liked her with long hair but her new short do is just as great. They had Storm Troopers (as in from Star Wars) posted around the stage for "security." Before Joe got off stage I saw them loitering around backstage and got really confused.

Sugarland played I think 13 songs, 2 from their first album Faster Than The Speed of Life, 5 from their second album Enjoy The Ride, 5 from their new album Love On the Inside and then "Pour Some Sugar On Me" which I thought was hilarious. At the very end of everything Jennifer and Kristian got inside these giant clear blow-up balls and "crowd surfed" or whatever. It was great.

I'm going back to the fair tomorrow with friends so it should be pretty damn fun. I want to go and see the rabbits and the horses and all the 4H stuff like I normally do. I hope everybody isn't a pain and just wants to wander or something 'cause if I don't see any animals I'm gonna kick some serious ass ... or just go wander by myself.

Now I'm listening to Sugarland quite loudly (headphones duh) and singing pretty loud. I really love Jennifer's voice, it's amazing. She's definitely my favorite country singer.

My sister got me a Snickers. <33
My neck hurts.
Tomorrow is Wednesday.

kthxbye.

No comments: