Thursday, July 31, 2008

Warped Tour 2008

Ah Warped Tour, why must you be so amazing? Took us 30 mins to get to the concert exit, 15 mins to park and 30 minutes to get inside, that's just about 11:20ish I should think. After snagging a band list and map I headed out to see Cobra Starship at the Highway 1 stage.

Gabe, skinny jeans, bright colors, fuck you all attitude. Vicki had her keytar! <33 I took a lot of pictures and was pretty sweaty by the time they finished. They a 25ish minute set with 6 songs I think. After that I headed out to the merch tents before Katy Perry. I bought a Cobra Starship t-shirt, a Warped Tour '08 canvas bag ($2 heck yes) and a Charlotte Sometimes t-shirt.

Katy Perry was playing under the amphitheater (@ Hurley.com stage) so I headed over a half hour early to get a good place. The band before was Oreskaband, a Japanese ska group, I was like wtf? All these tiny Japanese girls wielding brass instruments, it was crazy but still pretty good. I ended up 2ND ROW at Katy Perry. I swooned and took a massive amount of pictures. She had the letters K & P on her butt, lol. There was a really big sweaty guy up front who kept screaming "I love you Katy Perry" "You're so hot" and he was talking to her (without her answering of course) when she was talking to the audience between songs. He kept pushing up to the front to try and grab her hand when she came up close and I had to keep shoving him backwards 'cause he was trampling me and these two girls next to me. I got a security guard's attention and had him keep an eye on the guy but then this drunk girl and her girlfriend push their way to the front and she keeps trying to climb over the front and the security guard had to forcefully push her backwards off the fence. It was pretty funny. But anyways, Katy at one point during the show said "I like girls" and I know it's a lie but seriously I was all a flutter. She also had a fake phone call from her dad. She had a cute pink Fender electric guitar and an acoustic. One of her guitarists had a sparkly silver guitar. <33

After Katy I kicked around the merch tents and discovered this incredibly fantastic band from London called TAT. Okay so they shredded really hard and the first reason I went over there was because I heard the girl's voice and she sounded just like Maja Ivarsson from The Sounds so I was like, omg <33. I went over and Tatiana de Maria, wow is she a fox and she's British so she's got an amazing accent and she can play the guitar like no girl I've ever seen. She poured an energy drink down her pants ... I caught the can when she threw it out but I threw it away, no sense in keeping an empty can. Anyways I bought their EP and had her and the bassist sign it. I got a pic with her and chatted about how much she sounds like Maja. She took it as a very big compliment because she loves Maja and toured with The Sounds at the 2006 Warped Tour, which I didn't fucking go to because I'm a loser.

I took a couple pics of Say Anything, walked around the merch tents again, caught some Angels & Airwaves then went and saw TAT's acoustic set where I sat up front. Did I mention Tatiana is fucking gorgeous? I listened to a couple Anberlin songs then went back to the amphitheater and saw Ludo! I was 3rd row this time, lots of pics, lots of loud scream-singing. Saw Charlotte Sometimes at the Ernie Ball stage and took lots of pics, I was front row. <33 Went to her tent for the signing, gave her the sign I made her, she gave me a hug and I got her and her boys to sign a poster for me. She is such a sweetheart. She had a double ear infection over the weekend so I asked her if she was feeling better and fortunately she was, she actually had to skip a show because of it.

I took some pics of All Time Low for my friend then took some pics of Relient K and Motion City Soundtrack too. By the time we got back to the car it was 8:10ish and I was burnt to a crisp on my shoulders and upper back. I looked like total shit and was covered in a thick layer of sweat and dirt and grit. SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait 'til next summer.

Ate chili and rice and cheese when I got home. Chugged a water bottle. Took a cold shower. Slathered myself in aloe and then surfed the Internets and watched the new episode of Fear. This guy got lost in the mountains, got possessed by a Windigo (wind demon spirit thinger), came home looking like a zombie, ate a horse, killed a ranch hand, killed his brother and tried to kill his wife and two sons. Turns out the sons weren't his but were his brother's. The wife shot him with a shot gun. It was pretty good, made me jump a little once which is always cool.

Now I'm going to read and sleep for eighty billion hours.

I'm fucking tired.
My ears are ringing.
I spent $90 on all of Warped Tour (ticket included).

kthxbye.

No comments: