Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Shadow on the Wall

I was in no mood to type last night so sorry for the short delay.

Yesterday I woke up at 12:45pm. It was magnificent. I ate lunch, took a shower and hung out in my room all day pondering what it was I should be doing with my free time that would be more productive than checking my Facebook and reading fanfiction. I did, however, have a bit of a chat with my future roommate, she seems quite ecstatic.

After an afternoon filled with singing that required repeated lung fulls of air I set off for a night out with my ladies. We went to Red Robin and they got me presents, paid for my dinner and got the wait staff to sing for me. I got a couple books, a gift card, some Ninja Turtle action figures (heck yes) and some little knick-knacks (aka chatchkies). We came back to my supposedly empty house, I found my father there mooching and kicked his ass out. We ate a delicious cookie cake and watched part of King Arthur on tv. I went to bed at 12:30am because today I had to wake up at 6:30am.

Sleep was relatively quiet, I woke up with some very good memories. Mandy Musgrave how I love you.

I got picked up by a friend around 7:15am and we headed off to the Indiana Robotics Invitational for the day. I'm such a nerd. Decked out in 1018, and my new kicks of course, we just hung out in the pits and near the field, watched matches and talked with his team members. I forgot how much I missed hanging out and making extensively dirty jokes with a bunch of boys. Came home around 4:30pm and hung out in my quiet house once again. I listened to loud music, surfed the Internet (for quite some time) and then watched The Number 23. I listened to the loudest music I think I possibly have in a very long time when I was in the shower and was enveloped quite heavily in the fantastic acoustics of that tiny bathroom. M.I.A. was my choice and she was just great, a very nice twist to all the mellow stuff I've been listening to as of late.

I do, though, absolutely love singing to Brandi Carlile in the wee hours. She's got such a great, calming voice. Low and scratchy enough to make me feel like I'm staring at the stars in the middle of meadow with only the crickets to keep me company. I love music that puts me in my place.

I'm very much in the mood to write something at the moment so I'm off to use my brain parts to the best of their current potential, that is if my singing doesn't interfere too heavily.

My 5th grade music teacher said I had a lovely voice.
My college freshman english teacher said I had a very active imagination.
My mom says that I should be a writer when I grow up.

kthxbye.

No comments: