Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Give it to me

Waking up at 10am on my day off was really more of a stretch than I wanted. But considering my dentist appointment only lasted 20 mins I'm kind of happy I had the rest of the day to do whatever the hell I wanted.

I spent most of the afternoon re-watching This Just Out with Liz Feldman and writing down all my favorite quotes.

“It’s a margarita glass of flowers.” [and it could fit like 10 margaritas]
a little later in the show with an actual drink in the glass...
“Hello crazy weird scary drink. How well did we wash this off? Not at all. (drinks and immediately spits back out) It’s delicious, who thought of that mixture... It’s the causeless-mopolitan. And somebody take it away before I throw up in my pants. I have a weird film on my teeth now; maybe it has something to do with plants or flowers. Maybe tomorrow roses will grow in my mouth.”

or one of my favs

“I love Oprah. In fact I realize everybody loves Oprah. She’s sort of like an idol, almost like a religious idol. She’s basically the Pope; so I decided they should merge and she should just be Poprah Sinfrey and she should drive around in her Poprah-mobile and she should say ‘You’re going to heaven and you’re going to heaven and you get a car’.”

Oh Liz Feldman, there goes that comedy crush again. She wrote for the Ellen DeGeneres show for two years and won 4 Emmys. She's amazing, and that girl can really wear an electric blue velvet blazer.

Regular Internet surfing produced the San Fransisco You Can't Take Them Anywhere vlog where I watched Bridget McManus and Karman Kregloe eat too much chocolate, stare at trolleys and race on Segways. I now want a stuffed painted pony to name Thunderbolt. And I also want a hot stone massage, or at least some kind of massage, that's on my to-do list this year.

I checked for bands that're going to be at Warped Tour and have fallen in lust with Be Your Own Pet. The lead singer Jemina Pearl kind of reminds me of riotgrrl Kathleen Hanna mixed with Juliette Lewis, very nice mix I must say.

Okay so anyways, I watched National Treasure 2 and it was decent. I don't know, I just never really got into it I think because Nicholas Cage has started to get on my nerves for some reason. I went to the library and picked up the books I got on hold, I didn't think it was hot outside but walking to and from made me all sweaty, ew.

Work tomorrow.
Hair cut tomorrow!
Cleaning tomorrow.
My ladies on Friday!

kthxbye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am dying for a hot rock massage!!